Our TAFE system has a strong reputation for vocational education and training. Broaden your career options with TAFE studies.
The Canberra Institute of Technology (CIT) is Canberra’s trusted public TAFE. It’s our longest serving and largest education provider. CIT:
- trains over 20,000 students each year
- trains students from more than 90 countries
- achieves high student and employer satisfaction rates
- has a graduate employment rate higher than 80 per cent, well above the national industry average
CIT’s Vocational Education and Training (VET) qualifications are outcomes-based. This means courses:
- give you specialist skills and practical experience for the workplace
- have been developed with local industry
- meet the needs of employers as well as students
- provide real-world industry experience
There are many smaller registered training organisations also delivering VET in Canberra.