At Canberra Convention Bureau we focus on showing the world that Canberra is a city of ambition, creativity and brilliant possibilities. The best way we know how to do this is by increasing the number of national and international conferences that are held here.
Conferences provide a stage for showcasing local expertise, to network with peers, exchange ideas and invite funding opportunities. Hosting a conference also offers professional and personal rewards. It raises your profile to peers, and of your industry to government, business and academia.
- Promote Canberra’s research and innovation leadership within your field of interest
- Build your professional and personal credentials
- Bring key issues to the attention of Federal Government
- Provide local professionals and students the opportunity to attend a national conference
- Identify new funding streams, research links and industry partnerships
- Attract trade and investment opportunities that benefit your organisation as well as the region’s economy.
The Bureau has a long and successful track record of supporting local bid hosts to attract business events to Canberra. Best of all, the Bureau’s services are free of charge. If you have ever considered hosting a conference and didn’t know where to start, you can benefit from our expertise and professional support services. We will:
- Identify local Government, industry and academic links that will be enhance the bid
- Produce a professional bid document with a compelling business case for the event to be held in Canberra
- Secure letters of support from key political, academic and industry figures
- Assist with the presentation of the bid to the organising committee or decision maker
- Connect you to the expertise available through the Bureau’s Research and Learning Institutes Group
- Assist with sourcing the best venues, accommodation and services for your event
- Organise and host site inspections for key decision makers
- Recommend the services of professional conference organisers if required
- Provide access to a range of delegate boosting resources to increase attendance at your event
- Offer pre and post touring information.
If you would like more information about how to organise a conference or meeting in Canberra, we can help you. Send us an email or call (02) 6263 5300 for a discussion.